What Is It?
The Bethlehem Project is held to celebrate Christmas by making the coming of Jesus, our Savior, real for everyone. Area residents who want to experience what life might have been like in Bethlehem during the birth of Jesus can get a glimpse through this 45-minute walking tour of the “City of David.” The event is held outside in the crisp, clean air, under the stars. You will meet Roman soldiers, marketplace vendors, rabbis, shepherds, angels, innkeepers, Joseph, Mary, Baby Jesus, and Wise Men – all during a beautiful outdoor stroll with your personal guide. As the visitors interact with the many Bethlehem natives, they begin to really experience the birth of Christ. After the Bethlehem tour concludes, guests are welcome to enjoy hot chocolate and cookies.
Dates and Location
December 6th, 7th and 8th, 2019 from 5:45pm – 8:30pm nightly. (Tours start approximately every 15 minutes.
Groups are always welcome and encouraged to attend. Wait times for groups can be reduced (and stress reduced for our volunteers) by registering ahead if at all possible. If your group has the ability to register for a specific time slot, please visit:
If you have questions you can call the church at 785-242-3211, or Elizabeth, program director, at 785-226-2816.
Parking to be determined.
- The Sylvester farm is located at 1792 Kingman Road. From the intersection of Main Street and 23rd Street in Ottawa, go west on 23rd Street, continue west for 3 miles (23rd becomes Labette Road after crossing Eisenhower). At Kentucky Road turn left. Go 1 mile to Kingman Road and turn right. Travel 1.5 miles to 1792 Kingman Road.
Notes for those attending:
- Free Admission!
- All donations will go to Hope House and Life Care
- Handicapped, large groups, or other special needs? Call 785-226-2816 or 785-418-9505 for reservations.
- Forty minute tours. Dress warmly.
- Local Artisans will be displaying their skills in the market place making candles, pottery, soap, and wood products. Items may be purchased directly from the artisans.
Want to get involved? Click here!
The Bethlehem Project is a community event. Though Ottawa Bible Church is the coordinator for the event, people from many churches are involved. You can CLICK HERE to complete a volunteer form, or you may contact Fred Martin (785-418-9505) or Elizabeth Rhodes (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to be a part of this year’s event.
no images were found